RTI & FAQS
OFFICE OF RESIDENT COMMISSIONER
(DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL & ADMINISTRATIVE REFORMS)
GOVERMENT OF WEST BENGAL
INFORMATION UNDER SECTION 4(1) (B) OF THE RIGHT OF INFORMATION ACT, 2005
1. Name of the Organization: The Office of Resident Commissioner, New Delhi, under the administrative control of Personnel & Administrative Reforms (PA&R) Department Government of West Bengal, was established in July 1969.
2. Functions: Being the principal coordinating interface of Government of West Bengal in New Delhi it is serving as an important link between the Governments of India and West Bengal. The Resident Commissioner functions as its administrative representative in New Delhi is, inter alia, remaining responsible for the following:
- Issues/proposals of the State Government with various Ministries of Government of India.
- Release of grants/financial assistance for various schemes under different programs for the State Government.
- Proposals to obtain President’s assent on Bills and Ordinances of the State.
- Exchange of information between Government of India and various Departments of the State and vice-versa.
- Organizing meetings, fixing appointments and providing relevant information for use of the Governor, Chief Minister, Ministers and other dignitaries during their visit to New Delhi.
- Clearances for foreign visits,
- Represents the State Government in different meetings and conferences.
- Protocol arrangements for visiting dignitaries.
- Render timely official assistance to the people from West Bengal in the National Capital Region (NCR) and other States during crisis/disaster situations.
3. Officers of the Organization:
|SL No.||Name of the Officer||Designation||Contact|
|1.||Smt. Ujjaini Datta, IAS||Resident Commissioner||(011) 2334-4269|
Fax: (011) 2374-7203
|2.||Shri Rajdeep Datta||Liaison Officer and Deputy Resident Commissioner||(011) 2334-4269|
|3.||Dr. Saswata Dawn||Deputy Director of Information||(011) 2374-8134|
|4.||Shri Manish Sharma||Deputy Resident Commissioner||(011) 2334-4269|
Fax: (011) 2374-7203
|5.||Shri Ashis Jana||Assistant Director of Information||(011) 2336 3775|
|6.||Vacant||IT Manager||(011) 2374-8134|
|7.||Shri Saket Shrivastava||Treasury Officer||(011) 2334- 8762|
|8.||Smt. Priyanka Sah||Addl. Treasury Officer||(011)2336- 4953|
|9.||Shri Ankit||PA to RC||(011)2336- 4953|
4. Powers & Duties of the Officers & Staff of the Office:
|SL No.||Name||Designation||Duties & Responsibilities|
|1.||Smt. Ujjaini Datta, IAS||Resident Commissioner||Resident Administrative Representative of the State Government in New Delhi|
|2.||Shri Rajdeep Datta||Liaison Officer and Deputy Resident Commissioner||DDO, Social Ministries GoI including Protocol, PWD, Foreign Visit Clearances and Banga Bhawan. Assist PRC as & when required.|
|3.||Dr. Saswata Dawn||Deputy Director of Information||Establishment, Identity Card & Security Passes, Maintenance & Hygiene of Office , Seating & storing Arrangement, Transport & Vehicle Management, Coordination with Transport Department, GoWB, all Economic Ministries & Ministry Of Home Affairs GoI including Protocol, 2 no. Circular Road State Guest House. Assist PRC as & when required.|
|4.||Shri Manish Sharma||Deputy Resident Commissioner||Foreign Visit Clearances|
|5.||Shri Ashis Jana||Assistant Director of Information||Media & Culture Affairs|
|6.||Vacant||IT Manager||ERP, LAN(office-networking), all matters relating to computerization & e- Governance program.|
|7.||Shri Saket Shrivastava||Treasury Officer||Officer-in-charge of the Treasury & duties as assigned by PRC|
|8.||Smt. Priyanka Sah||Addl. Treasury Officer||Additional Treasury Officer, procurement and duties as assigned by PRC|
|9.||Shri Shubhabrata Pramanick||Tourist Officer||Tourist Information Centre at Muktadhara|
|10.||Shri Utpal Chatterjee||UDA||Management of Cash, Current A/C, TDS, Income Tax, Permanent Advance|
|11.||Shri Dibbendu Mukherjee||UDA||Enrollment in Health Scheme, allotted work at Muktadhara, Festivals & Permissions thereof, BSBT & Bengal Association file|
|12.||Ankit Roka||Personal Assistant||PA to RC|
|13.||Smt. Srijata Choudhury||UDA||Cash Management at Muktadhara, Bills relating to IITF, HTC and Tour, Stock Maintenance at Muktadhara|
|14.||Smt. Paramita Mukherjee||UDA||Establishment, IFMS, Contingency & GPF bills, RTI Matters, Leave, Service Book, Empanelment of HCOs, e-Office, Management of Stocks ad assisting Smt. Mansi Sircar, Administrative Officer|
|15.||Shri Hari Shanker||UDA||Treasury work and Checking of DLY Cars, Repairing & Maintenance of Banga Bhawan Pool Cars, Overtime Calculation|
|16.||Shri Raja Basu||Protocol Executive||Protocol Duties and other works allotted from time to time, tracking files & clearance in Central Govt. Offices|
|17.||Shri Sandeep Pal||Protocol Executive||Protocol Duties, Multi Tasking Job, Website Maintenance, Attestation/Apostille, Political Clearance|
|18.||Shri Raju Kumar Sinha||UDA||Contingency Bills, Bills relating to POL, Repairing and DLY Cars, Vehicle Management/Duty Clerk, Issuance of Fuel slip|
|19.||Shri Somnath Chakraborty||UDA||To assist Shri Utpal Chatterjee, UDA, I/Tax, TDS, Vehicle Management/Duty Clerk, Repairing & Maintainence of Banga Bhawan Pool Cars, Issuance of fuel slip|
|20.||Shri Shrikant Sharma||DEO & Protocol Executive||Multi Tasking Job, Vehicle Management Job, Assisting in Authentication of documents, Assisting in vehicle duty checking, General duty works|
|21.||Shri Rajkumar Sharma||DEO||Scanning & uploading of DAK, Diarisation of letters/receipts etc. for e-office, Multi Tasking Job, ERP, Maintenance of Stock, Bio-metric Attendance Record|
|22.||Shri Amba Dutt||UDA||Despatch and Vehicle Management & POL, MEA Clearance|
|23.||Gadhadhar Biswas||UDA||Checking of DLY Cars, Repairing & Maintenance of Banga Bhawan Pool cars, and Protocol duties during festival|
|24.||Shri M Palaniswamy||Peon||PRC’s Duty|
|25.||Shri S. Srinivasan||Peon||Allotted duties at 2nd floor of RC Office|
5. Procedure Followed in Decision Making:
Principal Resident Commissioner is the head of the Office is empowered to take final decisions. Under his delegated authority the LO functions as DDO supervising the functions of establishment, protocol, liaison and transport sections. The Treasury is supervised by Shri Anil Kumar Pandit, TO on behalf of PRC. While PRC also administratively controls the West Bengal Information & Cultural Centre (WBICC), New Delhi under him Deputy Director of Information, Shri Prasenjit Das supervises its daily functioning. A well-defined hierarchical level has been followed laying down channels of submission and levels of disposal.
6. West Bengal Information Commission- www.wbic.gov.in
7. Public Information Officer of Office of Resident Commissioner and WBICC:
Office of Information & Culture Affairs
Dr. Saswata Dawn
Tel: (011) 23363775
8. Public Information Officer of Treasury:
Shri Saket Shrivastava
Tel: (011) 2334- 8762, Mob: 91-8826099306